Saturday, May 11, 2013

return of the mojo

ishbel unblocked by gradschoolknitter
ishbel unblocked, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

I did a lot of traveling in April (more on that in the not-so-distant, but not today, future), which one would think would give me plenty of airport knitting time... which it did. But aside from airports, I really didn't knit much. Nor did I knit the above shawl. That happened over the course of the past 3 days. After more than a months hiatus (or at least semi-hiatus, but airport time never counts for anything, does it?) I knit a shawl in less than 3 days. Started Thursday AM and bound off just a short time ago. Obviously it will need some major blocking, but that's the easy part.

So what about those lost airport hours? Well, they yielded this:

oppatt #1

And not even all of that. I meant to cast on for the shawl Wednesday night, but forgot to bring the pattern (which is Ysolda Teague's Ishbel by the way) with me to knit night. Instead, I kept plugging away at this sock that won't seem to ever end, the first of the OppAtt socks. I'm a little concerned (ok, a lot concerned) that the pattern is going to make for a tight fit... in which case these will be put away for someone's birthday or holiday gift, someone with skinnier ankles than I.

No comments: