Friday, March 1, 2013

things new and old (but new to me)

WWFY for stuype by gradschoolknitter
WWFY for stuype, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

I've gotten back into the Will Work for Yarn game and promised some socks to two ravelers. Above is the yarn and gift yarn for a pair of plain jane socks. The recipient's socks will be made out of the bugga, on the right, which I'm really looking forward to working with (20% cashmere, what's not to love?!). My "gift" yarn is the brown and orange Henry's Attic Silk Sock on the left. I'm thinking socks for DH.

Next up:

WWFY for SFGwife

Again, my yarn is the one on the left, Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs Goth Sock Club in "This is my natural color". The yarn to be knit for the sender is on the right, another Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs Strychnine Yarn in Pink.

And another new(old) thing:

darning egg

I bought myself a darning "egg" at an estate sale. I've wanted one for a while and was told by the woman filling out the slips that this was a "good one". There's a bit of a crack along the top, but I don't think it will cause any issues, and the bottom shows that it's been put to good use:

darning egg underside

I've never used one before, but I have a couple of socks in need of repair, so perhaps I'll try it out soon!

2 comments:

Mairead said...

You've done well with those yarns - they look scrummy!

I would e interested to hear how you get on with you darning mushroom too!

Tejedora Compulsiva said...

I love every yarn, at leaast you get to work with them.