Sunday, March 24, 2013

And now for something completely different...

cyc yarn by gradschoolknitter
cyc yarn, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Yarn! Ok, ok, so you've seen yarn around here before... but this is worsted! not sock! (or socks...)

I've recently signed on to teach some knitting classes at Michaels! I'm really excited to get back into teaching knitting... it's a lot of fun and the students seem to like it too! Hopefully I'll be getting on the schedule for April... if anyone is interested, send a me message and I'll let you know the wheres, whats, etc. Probably just beginners for now, but potentially more advanced things as time goes on.

So, why the yarn? Well, Michaels is a rather large company, with stores all over Canada and the US, so they want to keep consistent. To that end, they use the Craft Yarn Council's Knitting Instructor Course (and crochet, of course) to certify their instructors. So, over the next few months, I will be working on that... which requires you to make a bunch of swatches, etc, and I needed some nice smooth wool that would show off my stitches. Hence the Class Wool Worsted!

Stay tuned for the thrilling updates as I complete my swatching!

No comments: