Saturday, February 9, 2013

and more yarn...

So I think I mentioned that I also got a 10% discount to yarn mountain along with the yarn I showed off yesterday, right... Well, talk about fast shipping! Obviously I couldn't resist and I picked up some claudia fingering (the orange on the left) to use with the skein I have left of this to make DH a pair of stitch surfers. At least that's the plan for now!

I also got the two skeins of fingering 55 in mardi gras, the "color of the month" over at yarn mountain... I didn't realize it when I ordered it, but this is is 55% silk and 45% merino... aka not sock worthy (or rather, too good for socks... either way). As excited as I was to make a pair of awesome socks out of this, I'm thinking it'll make a gorgeous scarf or hat or something else that will be much more visible than sock anyway. Maybe mitts or gloves? I lost one of my knotty gloves last week (sadface!) but perhaps these will make a good replacement...

Thanks again yarn mountain and the knitting lodge!!

No comments: