Wednesday, January 2, 2013

spoiled rotten

swap package #8 by gradschoolknitter
swap package #8, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

The last swap is over and the new one is open for business, and I feel like a spoiled child after a rather exuberant Christmas. Above is the first package I received, from an angel swapper who was just supposed to knit me socks! Instead, I got a lovely pair of asymmetrical socks (my fave type of sock pattern, truth be told), a wonderful project bag, hot chocolate mix, holiday cards that look like fair isle designs, a skein of sock yarn, a mini skein of the leftovers from the sock that will go into my never ending blanket and a pedicure kit.

I figured that my "angel" had become my new swapper and that was that. But only a few days later the doorbell rang and...

Untitled

My original partner sent me another whole package minus the socks. She had hurt her shoulder earlier on in the swap and asked the other moderator to find an angel for me, but still put together a package nonetheless.

I don't think you need any further proof what a fantastic group this is, but even so, I'll give you the close-up on my gorgeous new socks:

swap #8 socks

Really, does not do them justice at all.

Come join us! You know you wanna.

No comments: