Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

2012 was full of ups and downs for me. In ups: I finished my thesis, defended it successfully, and completed my PhD program. I also became an Aunt for the first time, which is a joy that will keep on giving! I fulfilled an academic dream: to take students to Spain and teach them about the place, it's people, history, and culture. As for downs, well, the job market is still scarily competitive and the next six months or so (fingers crossed for something more permanent for the next academic year) are going to be hard. I'm lucky to have a very supportive family, and great friends, and I know I won't want for anything financially or emotionally, but that doesn't mean it won't be strange. I'm going to work on research and probably knit a LOT, so expect more posts for the foreseeable future!

Above is a screen shot of the last week of 2012/ this morning's stats for the blog. This past week I offered a holiday deal and it is the first post that has ever surpassed the baby leg warmers pattern (only available on this blog, not as a download on ravelry) in number of page views per week. Never has another post appeared above it. I know it sounds small, but it was super exciting to me, so thanks for that!

Onwards and upwards to 2013, I say. The first sock swap of the year is now open for sign-ups and I do hope you'll all join us. We have such fun! Speaking of which, I'll save it for tomorrow, but I did get some AMAZING packages (yes, packages) this past time round. Stay tuned for their reveal!

No comments: