Friday, December 28, 2012

Little thing the third

what is that? by gradschoolknitter
what is that?, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

is really little.

Ok, fine, we can look at it a little closer...

oh, an ewok.

It's an ewok! Ok, fine, we can get closer still...

wait... ewoks don't live on Hoth...
An Ewok on Hoth. Or in Canada. Either way.

Early on in our relationship, DH saw this when I was perusing things on ravelry and really really wanted it. I saved it in my queue, where it had sat ever since. What can I say? I love him, but really cannot crochet.

I didn't have time to do anything major for anyone this Christmas, so I went thru my queue and saw this guy sitting there, forlorn. I decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot.

I'm sorry to say that this project reinforced my hatred of crochet. I probably should have used a bigger hook with the woolarina, and the dolly was too splitty for crochet. And I hold on too tight. And in the round my crocheting often ends up inside out, somehow… probably because I sometimes end up throwing the yarn as opposed to holding it in my left hand. Old habits die hard.

Mods: improvised the hood in garter stitch (aka KNITTING) because I couldn’t understand the crochet directions and I think it was way easier my way. That’s what I’m going to tell myself, anyway. I’m not thrilled with my embroidery skills, either, but I think his face turned out ok.

Raveled here.

Speaking of small things, I found a close-up picture of the duck boots on my dad's camera, for those of you who want to see more of them (although who could pass up the cute baby pic for this?!):

duck feet

And, to make a long post even longer, don't forget to take advantage of my holiday deal, explained here.

No comments: