Thursday, October 25, 2012

talk about last minute gifts...

modified veylas by gradschoolknitter
modified veylas, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Nothing like sewing the buttons on the morning of.... (knitting has been done for a few days, but they desperately needed blocking, especially for the cuffs.)

For a friend's birthday... today. Good thing it's going to be 73 degrees out... something tells me she won't need these quite yet.

Pattern is veyla, heavily modified.
Yarn is longmeadow farm fingering weight in grape, less than 1 skein.
Needles: US3s
Mods: Many... for starters, the original pattern is for fingerless mitts, obviously I extended to full mittens. I also removed the leaf motif from beside the thumb. For the thumb increases I used m1r/m1l instead of yarnovers.
Buttons are from Bumbershoot Supplies on Etsy.

I tried to take a picture of them blocking so the cuffs would be more visible, but the lighting was so bad (we had so many storms this week) and my camera is dead so I'm relying on ipad pics... but here it is anyway in all it's un-glory:

veyla blocking

No comments: