Tuesday, October 30, 2012

rock me like a hurricane....

hurricane hat by gradschoolknitter
hurricane hat, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

too soon?

We did not get the hurricane (at least not yet) in any way as strongly as some of my friends down the eastern seaboard did... but I decided to knit up a (very quick) hurricane hat to send off to the lovelyarns' 500 hat project. I would have finished it yesterday (aka the day I started it) but I was falling asleep while casting off, so I decided to just finish it up this morning. (The picture, by the way, is in my on-campus office... hence the halo of florescent light surrounding my head.)

Pattern: none. If you care to know: Cast-on 4 stitches. BEFORE joining in the round, increase to 8 by knitting f&b into each stitch. Join in the round, knit 1 row. Continue increasing 2 sts per dpn (assuming you have 4 dpns with sts on them and 1 to knit with) until you have 48 sts. Knit until you [almost] run out of yarn. Bind-off using EZ's sewn bind-off.
Yarn: Berroco Sundae, less than one skein (I had used about 2 yards of it to finish off a previous hat)
Needles: US 13 dpns

Instantaneous gratification, indeed!

No comments: