Wednesday, August 15, 2012

love can... baby blanket edition

love can... by gradschoolknitter
love can..., a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Last year (almost exactly a year ago!) I went to the wedding of a dear friend and took them this. There was some yarn leftover and their new family is growing... and so the "love can... baby blanket" was born! I used up the cotton from the pillow (which is the natural/cream coloured yarn) and Cascade Cherub Aran for the stripes and border.

It's a simple blanket but I love the way it turned out and I hope they will too!

In other knitting news, I am making a pair of socks for DH to replace his favorite pair, which have gone mysteriously missiing:

replacement sock

Same pattern, different yarn.
Pattern is Barcelona (I'm not sure why but there is no option to download from ravelry and the webpage has gone missing... if someone is interested, please message the designer...)
Yarn is Claudia hand-painted fingering which was a Christmas gift from DH last year.
Needles: US 1/2.25mm

1 comment:

WildflowerWool said...

Great blanket, I am sure they will love it.