Tuesday, August 21, 2012

barcelona pair #2

barcelona pair #2 by gradschoolknitter
barcelona pair #2, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

DH finally has a pair of barcelona socks* to replace the ones I made him two years ago. Who knows what happened to those ones... but hopefully these will last a little longer.

I used slightly less than 2 skeins of claudia handpaints (and had 3 originally) for the socks. Now I'll have to find something to use up the rest... matching gloves perhaps?

*The pattern (and the sockwars website) no longer seem to be available. If anyone is interested, I do have a copy, but we should probably message the designer to find out what is going on/if it's ok to pass along...

3 comments:

Bronwyn Mroz Benson said...

I have contacted the designer, but haven't heard back yet. I'd love to make these sometime...

gradschoolknitter said...

I just checked and it looks like she has not been on ravelry in some time (last forum post was 18 months ago). It also looks like she had to have some kind of surgery, so I hope all is well. Let me know if you hear back from her.

Bronwyn Mroz Benson said...

Ah, I hadn't noticed the time lapse. I hope everything's good, too.

I will. :)