Wednesday, February 8, 2012

mojo number 1

mojo number 1 by gradschoolknitter
mojo number 1, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

These socks are so crazy. But comfy! The yarn is pooling strangely, I think in part because the changing ribbings makes things move around a bit differently (if that makes sense... I can't really find the right words to explain it, except that purling takes up a little more yarn than knitting so depending on what part of the sock you're on you'll get different amounts of yardage used).

I worked the afterthought heel with the sock inside out for this sock so that it would mirror the inside-out toe. Since the two socks are not identical, I'm excited to see how the second one will work up. Could be similar, could be totally different...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice socks!!!!!

gradschoolknitter said...

Thanks! I'm quite please with them!!