Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

owl heels! by gradschoolknitter
owl heels!, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Happy New Year! I hope everyone out there got to spend it with the people they love. DH and I mostly just spent it at home, drinking a little champers and watching the ball drop from the comfort of our couch. We thought about going out to see some fireworks but it was kind of a dreary day, so home seemed like the best option.

So, what does a sock have to do with the New Year, you might ask... well, it's also time for another International Sock Swap! That is one of the socks I made for my last partner, back in the summer swap. (I sat out the Christmas swap so that I could focus on school work and such... but I just missed the group so much that I'm back for the 2012 swaps!) If you want to join up, check out the group (linked above but here it is again for good measure!) and fill in the questionnaire. These socks went all the way to Italy, and my own package came to me from Texas.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2012... and that you have lots of time for crafting this year!!

No comments: