Friday, December 16, 2011

Last Minute Christmas Knits

Matching Mitts by gradschoolknitter
Matching Mitts, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

I thought I'd post about a few quick knits for which I have patterns on ravelry, just in case anyone out there is, like me, scrambling in the 9 days left til Christmas to find something quick but still cute to knit for everyone on their list. (Usually I'm much more organized, at least in the knitting category, but this year has been super busy between the dissertation and searching the job market...)

Above are my Garter Cuff Mitts available (for free!) on Ravelry. Knit in worsted weight (and great for getting rid of 1/2 balls or leftover scraps if you want to get stripey!) these are super quick and the pattern comes with 4 sizes.

Next up:

Mittens fit for French Cousins

My Mittens Fit for French Cousins. Knit in bulky (even faster than worsted!), these shouldn't take more than a day or two of good knitting time to get under the tree! Also FREE on ravelry!

If you don't want to knit mittens there's always:

cowl

My Quicky Cowl pattern! Which is also free, knit in a heavy worsted and super quick. You don't even need to know how to knit in the round, since this is knit flat and then grafted at the end. (You could even cast on and off normally and sew it together if you want, although you'd see more of a seam that way.)

If you'd rather knit socks but think they'd take too long try a worsted weight pattern such as my Toasty Toes Worsted Weight Toe-Up Socks:

toasty toes

These ones are not free, but only $1.50 and I've done the math for 3 different sizes!

I have lots of other patterns, both free and for a small fee, but these are probably the quickest knits. You can see them all on my ravelry designer page.

If you're more organized than I am, what have you knit/are you knitting/will you knit for Christmas?? (I need some ideas too, ok?!)

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm making the Toasty mitts for my sister, and they're going really quickly! Think I might even have them done in time for Christmas!

gradschoolknitter said...

Aw! That's great! I can't wait to see them!!

Anonymous said...

Is there an erratum somewhere, grad school knitter, to clear up the problem on the heel gusset? My instructions say 14 repeats of the gusset rows, but it also says that ads 14 stitches--instead of the 28 stitches the 14 repeats would add. Can I assume that the number of stitches is correct, not the n umber of repeats? Sorry. The answer is probably obvious to sock people , but this is my first pair in many, many years. .