Saturday, November 5, 2011

Never Ending Blanket: the Update

Never Ending Blanket by gradschoolknitter
Never Ending Blanket, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Started in May 2009, this blanket seems like it may never be fully finished. Even when bound off, there will be days worth of ends to weave in (man do I wish I had known about Russian Joins earlier). But still our intrepid knitter slogs on.

I have, in fact, begun decreasing, which means the end is actually a possibility now. It's hard to tell from the pictures but this will probably fit a double or queen sized bed in the end. Still, I have no immediate desire to be done with it. I pick it up once in a while and then put it down for months on end (because really, who wants to knit on a giant blanket in the middle of summer?), but now it's the perfect thing: keeps me warm while I'm working and my fingers busy when I'm reading.

Aside from the blanket-without-end, I've also been working on the November SIAC socks:

SIAC November Socks

Far more portable than a gigantic blanket and more pressing in terms of end-date. Still, I'm in the final throws of writing a chapter, so there isn't much time for uninterrupted knitting.

Rav links: Blanket & Socks.

No comments: