Saturday, November 12, 2011

Christmas Yarn

Blue Moon Sock Candy by gradschoolknitter
Blue Moon Sock Candy, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

I haven't had much time to think about it yet, and I don't know that I'll be able to knit as much for Christmas as I normally would, but I picked up a few things so I could make a few small gifts this year.

Up there is Blue Moon's Sock Candy in Black. It's a 96% Cotton (the rest is "elite" elastic). My father-in-law apparently really likes to get 100% cotton socks, if at all possible, but I was worried that 100% cotton wouldn't have any hold, so I picked this for a pair of socks for him. I need to get moving on these though, since we're seeing them for Thanksgiving and might not get back again before Christmas, so I'd like to have them done by then.

Scarlet Fleece Grassy Wool

Scarlet Fleece Grassy Wool in charcoal grey to line the icelandic mitts for DH. It's a Merino-Bamboo blend, and totally soft and wonderful!

Scarlet Fleece Ewe Silky Thing

Scarlet Fleece "Ewe Silky Thing" in "Favorite Jeans". A 50/50 Silk and Merino blend, so pretty and so soft... but I'll keep to myself for now what it might become!

No comments: