Monday, October 24, 2011

iHoneycombs

iHoneycombs by gradschoolknitter
iHoneycombs, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Bees and honeycombs seem to be the big thing lately. I blame the beekeeper's quilt (otherwise known as the hexi-puff blanket), of which there are many versions that include a colourworked bee here and there... man I wish I could dedicate the time to this right now.

Instead, I'm trying to favour small projects that can get done in a weekend away at a friend's cottage (for example), since I don't have much time during the week, or at least, I should be dedicating most of my time to dissertating. (Getting to the end, which seems to be the hardest part...)

Anyway, DH mentioned the other day that he wanted a cover for his new iPhone, thus, this was born.

Pattern is: bHive and yarns are left overs from socks (Zitron Trekking XXL and Knit Picks Comfy Sock).

Raveled here.

No comments: