Sunday, October 9, 2011

denial

so close yet so far by gradschoolknitter
so close yet so far, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Looks good, right? I thought so, as I was knitting along last night during the hockey game. I was also ignoring the tiny voice in my head that was saying "you don't have enough yarn", even though I was occasionally showing off the tiny ball of what was left to the family members around me and saying "I don't know if I'm going to make it..."

And lo:

denial

I was right. Why I didn't listen to myself, well, we may never know. But now I'm going to have to rip back to before the turning point and try and figure out just how much I'll have to pull out before I'll have enough to finish a full scarf. Sigh.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Argh. I hate it when that happens! At least the scarf is turning out beautiful though!