Tuesday, August 2, 2011

crisis averted

damson drying by gradschoolknitter
damson drying, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

no, I'm not talking about the debt ceiling... and I'd rather not, thankyouverymuch.

So I wanted to wait, even though this was taken yesterday while my damson was blocking, to take some "good" action-style shots of the shawl. Given that 3/4 of the house is still in shambles, I quickly realized this morning that taking a decent picture of it in it's environment was not going to work out as well as planned. So I took a few shots around the house, trying to check out the lighting and such.

One of the better ones was this:

coffeeeeeeee
which I find kind of meh.

Then I thought "but I have a balcony! Natural lighting! Perfect!". So I headed outside and looked for a ledge to put my camera on... and saw the back of the window unit as the perfect spot.

Except that I didn't think about fans and cords and well... maybe this will explain best what happened next:

whoops...
before my DH freaks out, both camera and, surely to him more importantly, air conditioner are just fine.

So I made sure everything was still in working order, removed what remains of that cord from my camera and took my outdoor shots:

view of the 'hood

what's that down there?
... neither of which I'm totally happy with, but I think I should just be grateful I don't have to replace either a brand new air conditioner or my digital camera* for the moment.

*I've had this camera since 2008 and have dropped it more times than I can count. It's virtually indestructible, which is saying a lot from someone who can be as clumsy and, let's face it, absentminded as I am.

No comments: