Sunday, February 6, 2011

after!


after, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

I finally got around to felting the slippers for my partner's birthday yesterday. He loves them and says they are keeping his feet very warm. In fact, I had to rip them off his feet to get a decent photo:

comfy feet

But I'm glad he's enjoying them!

Pattern is Felted Slippers from Midnattsol (rav link ).
Yarn is bits and pieces of left over malabrigo... first my own and then some sent to me from a fellow raveler after an impassioned plea... which is why they don't exactly match... but I kind of think that makes them all the more charming.

I highly recommend this as a first felting project (it was mine!). It's such a simple design (remember the mishappen scarf), so it takes very little time to knit up and it doesn't seem like it would be such a horrible disaster if it didn't work out. In fact, at one point I was convinced I had let them stay in the washing machine too long, and that they were too small, but they worked out perfectly!

felted feet

Original ravelry post.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Fabulous! I may try these.