Monday, January 17, 2011

look ma, I crocheted!


thorpe, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

and not just single! that's a half-treble! (half-double for the 'mericans)

I promised all my girlfriends that were getting married this year (you know, before I knew *I* was also getting married this year) that I would knit them something of their choice for their wedding present. Smart choice, me, seeing as I have 4 friends getting married between last November and next August. All I'm saying is that NO ONE is allowed to have babies anytime soon. NO. ONE.

First up is my friend Ele, who got married in November. She and her now-husband will be moving to the north next year (although it does get cold enough around these parts too) so she asked for hat and mitt/glove sets for them both. Since Christmas knitting sort of took front stage, I am just now getting around to their gifts.

This is Ele's hat (lavender just isn't her husband's best colour). It's a thorpe (rav link and blog link), in Crystal Palace Aran Solid (left over from my Seneca Sweater) and Malabrigo Worsted (in Lettuce) for the trim.

Mods: To adjust for using an aran weight instead of a bulky I increased to 88 sts total. Decreased to 80 for garter in order to follow the L instructions for the ear flaps. Still used a size 9 needle.

Stay tuned for the matching mitts!

3 comments:

M Ward said...

So cute!

gradschoolknitter said...

Thanks! I really want to make one for myself now too!

susana/pelusito said...

Did you say you´re getting married also? Congratulations!!!!