Wednesday, November 10, 2010

we interrupt your regularly scheduled sweater update...


hideous or happy?, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

for this scarf. Not sure if I love it yet... it's a little outside of my comfort zone so far as colour goes, but it's squishy and portable, both of which I find to be important factors in knitting-love. It started as a length-wise garter-stitch scarf but it just looked too crazy, so I went with the tried-and-true Noro Striped Scarf, even though, once again, neither of my yarns are noro. Instead I'm using Malabrigo Worsted Merino in Lettuce (that's the limey-green) and a locally handspun merino from Gnome Garden. (I bought mine through my fave yarn pusher, I don't know if/when she will update her etsy shop again.)

I got to the armholes on my NaKniSweMo sweater on Monday:

folded body

and just wasn't in the mood for sleeves. Plus sleeves require instruction-reading/paying attention and that gets in the way of NaSchoWriMo reading/writing.

Don't worry, I'll be back on the sweater-in-a-month track, just as soon as I get this scarf-interruption out of the way...

1 comment:

WildflowerWool said...

I think you picked great colours for the scarf.
It is good to have a portable project. I had a lap afghan on the go. It is portable and mindless knitting, just garter st with a row of seed st, perfect for on the go knitting. I took it to an appointment today and have decided that it has now become to big to be considered portable. Which also means that it is close to being finished!