Wednesday, November 24, 2010

rollin', rollin', rollin'


rollin', originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

you think that's finished? Ha! Just you wait and see...

Before anyone goes around patting me on the back, that sweater is not finished. And no, I'm not referring to the ends dangling from the sleeves. Look closely at the waistband. Even thought I just gave it a good pat down (although not nearly so well as the TSA might...) seconds before this picture was taken, the ribbing is flipped up the wrong way. I should have known that 5 rows of ribbing would not cut it... but I went against my best instincts and blindly followed the pattern anyway.

So, what's a girl to do? Well, remember the afterthought heel experiment? I'm going to pick up the stitches in a row or two above the ribbing and *gulp* cut off the ribbing. It needs a couple more inches of length, anyway, so... here's hoping it will all work out! Wish me luck and I'll be sure to be back with the results (or disasters)!

3 comments:

Kim said...

hope it works--it's really pretty!

SIONA said...

whooooo que bonito!!!!!
un abrazo,
SIONA

gradschoolknitter said...

Gracias chicas!