Saturday, October 16, 2010

stash: enhanced!


knitpicks stroll, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

Aside from the great new yarn I got in my swap package the other day (of which I have MUCH better pictures coming up), there has been some other stash enhancement which I haven't yet divulged.

Above is a skein of Knitpicks Stroll Sock Yarn... I got the same colour to put in one of the angel packages but somehow ended up with two... wonder how that happend...

In the same order I got this:

knitpicks swish worsted

Knitpicks Shine Worsted in Amethyst Heather to make worsted weight (but washable!) socks for the next swap. In fact, I'm sure I'll have a picture of them up shortly, as I'm already to the heel flap of the first one (toe up for a change). Worsted weight is just soooooooooo much faster, even though my partner has much bigger feet than those I normally knit.

And now, some better pictures of my swap yarn:

gekko's handspun

The handspun, which I'm guessing is maybe a bulky weight? I'll have to ask to see if she knows how much yardage there is. But it definitely looks like enough for a hat... and I looooove the colour.

araucania ranco solid

And finally, the Araucania Ranco Solid. As you can see, if you compare to the maccam's picture, it's actually what I would call a spring green, not so neon as it appeared before. I really like it and I have potential plans for it... plans that will include it on a very special up-coming day.

Speaking of which, many thanks to all the people who commented on my announcement post, we really appreciate all the kind words.

No comments: