Sunday, October 31, 2010

lots to share


toasty toes, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

Weekends seem to be my productive time for knitting lately and this one was no different. I finished up the swap socks for my partner as seen above AND wrote up a 3 sized pattern for them, now available on ravelry!

To check this pattern out, you can go to the toasty toes worsted weight toe-up sock ravelry page or buy the pdf now. I'm charging $1.50 for my math skillz: the three sizes range from a 7.25" circumference to 9.5".

Also on the needles this weekend:

garter love

Ysolda's Garter Stitch Mitts. These are getting a holiday gift out of the way AND stash busting! Both things I desperately need to do.

Yarn is Knitpicks Telemark (1 skein) and Classic Elite Inca Print (1/2 skein) on size 5 US (3.75mm) needles.

I also went down to DC this weekend to see the Rally to Restore Sanity... and due to some CRAZY metro line ups ended up missing most of it. But! it was still nice to get out and see a different city and to see so many people just enjoying their day. No one got upset waiting in line 45+ mins for metro tickets, everyone joked about being sardines on the train, no one was pushy or angry or anything negative. That alone was enough to restore my sanity.

But if you need a little something extra, check out Jon Stewart's final speech.

No comments: