Sunday, October 17, 2010

in which another FO and a fun photo shoot are featured


faceoff, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

I convinced the boy to go for a photo-shoot/walk with me last night with his new scarf! Near where we live there is an art festival every year and the artists put up sculptures that stay for the year and get changed the following summer for the next festival.

The above photo is probably my fave, but there were a couple other good ones too:

hiding

the scarf stands alone

Details:

Pattern: none. Inspired by the stitch pattern in the barcelona socks (which is called "Ribs and Welt" in the Vogue Stitchionary, I believe).
Yarn: Woolarina's "lux sock", which is more of a dk weight, made up of merino, a little nylon and CASHMERE. I can't say enough about the deliciousness of this yarn. It's amazing to work with. In any case, I alternated two different skeins, every other row and have approx. 1.8oz leftover. Which by my calculations is 225yds... enough for perhaps a hat or pair of mitts to match?
Needles: US 5 / 3.75mm.

No comments: