Friday, October 29, 2010

Goals


S1050210.JPG, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

November is NaNoWriMo, and in conjunction NaKniSweMo, all of which means that some crazy writers are going to write a 50,000 word novel in a month and some crazy knitters are going to knit a sweater (approx. 50,000 stitches) in a month.

So which am I? Well, sort of both. I'm going to take the above yarn (in the stash since Maryland Sheep and Wool of '08) and turn it into a folded sweater.

I'm also in major need of stepping up my thesis writing game, so I'm going to work my hardest to get a polished chapter written by the end of November. It probably won't be 50,000 words (which is about 175 pages and WAY too long for a chapter), but it won't be easy. I figure the extra time I spend reading other things and doing research will add up.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kim said...

ahhh, I looove the Folded pattern too...but I think I should undertake a different sweater as my first one. Soon, soon, my pretty.

Good luck w/thesis stuff! You can do it. :)