Friday, September 24, 2010

something else new


multicoloured rose, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

startitis? I don't know what you're talking about!

Yes, ok, so I just showed you something new in the last post. But, sometimes knitting is born out of necessity and since we had a few flakers (including my partner, and I organized the thing... so yeah...) in the sock swap, I'm knitting a sock for a participant who didn't get a package yet. We're still holding the new swap starting Oct 1, so if you want to sign up, don't get turned off by a couple bad apples... it really is a great group and they're heeding the call for "angel" knitters, just in case this happens again.

So, hence the need for yet another project on the needles. (Don't ask how many, it isn't polite.)

Pattern is Blackrose
Yarn is mini mochi, sent to me by crystal palace (to make up for some socks that felted, so let's hope that isn't a problem with these!!)
Needles are US 1 dpns

P.S. If you've been counting you'd know that this is post 399! Which means that I'll be closing comments on the contest post shortly and posting the winners of the 400th post contest in a day or two!!

No comments: