Saturday, September 4, 2010

death of a robot


death of a robot, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

Legs, check. Arms, check. Giant mess of intarsia - er, body......

I really had high-hopes for the knit picks Mr. Roboto Kit but I didn't count on hating intarsia with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I like fairisle just fine, knitting round and round with 2 skeins sitting side by side, great... but the messiness of one full skein + four little balls of yarn being flipped back and forth, yuck.

I think this project was a major contributor in my knitting malaise. My intentions were good, the outcome is cute, but me and this project just weren't meant for each other.

Speaking of malaise-inducing projects:

awkward much?
why yes, that is quite an awkward angle

I have one of my leg warmers done! Don't get me wrong, I really like these, but they're a little boring to work on.

The good news is this: I'm actually starting to get excited about some holiday projects. I'm thinking I might spent a bit of this long weekend re-organizing the stash and seeing if I can't find some stash-busting, holiday gifting type projects to start working on. I'm also excited about the Second Sock Swap and all the new members who have joined in the last week. There's still plenty of time if you've been hemming and hawing!

No comments: