Monday, September 27, 2010

angel socks


angel sock, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

Due to a couple of flakers over in the International Sock Swap I'm knitting a pair of socks for an "angel" package. I'd like to get them out asap so that none of our good swappers miss out. I'd be sad to see anyone work so hard to put a beautiful package together and not get anything in return.

The good news is that 99% of the group is a great bunch and a ton of them stepped up to the "angel" plate. The 3 missing packages are already being taken care of (can I just mention that one of the missing packages is mine, so even moderators are not immune to flakers!) and lots of people have volunteered to be on standby for the next swap! (Which starts this Friday! So exciting!)

Anyway, the socks! Pattern is Blackrose from Knitty, Winter '08; yarn is mini mochi and needles are US 1s.

Mods: Only worked lace pattern on the cuff for two reasons: speed - plain round foot is faster and easier to work on and because I just couldn't seem to memorize the pattern. Maybe because it's only worked in a panel rather than around the entire sock? I don't know, but this one just evaded me.

Hope to have the second one done by the end of the week so I can post it early next week! It has a bit of a journey ahead of it, so I'd like to have it on it's way as soon as possible!

No comments: