Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Hope all my Canadian friends and relations had a great Thanksgiving yesterday! I know I did. I've been feeling übber homesick as of late and decided that it would be nice to host my very first Thanksgiving dinner. This is the 5th year I've been living out of country during Canadian Thanksgiving and I've never been able to get home for it. So I did Thanksgiving "Lite" with a whole bunch of close friends here. Turkey burgers, sweet potato fries and lots of lovely salads courtesy of guests. AND PIE:



Actually that would be an apple crisp on the right and apple pie on the left. Made from scratch on Sunday, from apples I picked Saturday.

I am so thankful for my friends here, who are a fabulous support system, who make me laugh when I need to, and let me cry on their shoulders when I need that too. I don't know what I would do without them. I probably would not be a graduate student anymore if it weren't for them.

No comments: