Friday, January 9, 2009

one more holiday hat


turn a square, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

So I had one more gift to knit, but fortunately it's for someone who is away until next week... so I stuck to my fun, fast holiday gift of the year and made her Jared Flood (i.e. Brooklyn Tweed)'s Turn a Square hat. It took slightly longer than the other hats, because it was worsted weight... and it looks a little big on me but that's good 'cause she has a lot more - and curlier - hair than I do.

I tried to take various pictures of the top of my head so that you could see the subtle changes in the paintbox but it's really hard to take pictures of your own head!

Exhibit A:

turn a square

Exhibit B:

turn a square

And, finally, I got a picture of the crocheted mother bear (the one worthy of being sent in) that I made last month:

crochet bear

He's hanging out at Lovelyarns until ready to be shipped off in a box with 30 or 40 of his counterparts.

Details for the hat:

Pattern: Turn a Square
Yarns: Cascade Venezia Worsted (MC, about 1/3 of a skein), Knit1Crochet too Paintbox (CC, probably less than 1/4 skein)
Needles: US 6 for ribbing, US 7 for body of hat
Mods: None... although if I were to make one for myself I think I would do different decreases... I'm not a huge fan of the raglan decreases for a hat.

No comments: