Monday, December 29, 2008

so now what?


twisted flowers, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

Christmas knitting is over and done with, although I have been asked and will eventually put together a pattern for the mittens I made for my cousins. So back to selfish knitting for me!

Above are Cookie A's Twisted Flower Socks that I'm working on in Malabrigo's new sock yarn (deliciousness) in the colour Lettuce. This photo is a couple weeks old... I started them and then realized holiday knitting needed to take priority! By now they're another repeat ahead and I'm ready to start the heel. They're a bit fiddly and slow going and my hands actually hurt after a while on them 'cause I'm cabling without a cable needle (and that is rare for me), but I love them... they'll be beautiful when they're done but don't count on it being anytime soon!

Also on the needles (and waiting patiently for me to come back tomorrow... although they may need more patience then that...) are Boyfriend socks (for me, since there is no bf to give them to!) and the cleopatra wrap. I haven't touched either in months and I'm not sure I'm feeling them now either. What I reaaaaally want to do is turn some of the beautiful malabrigo I have into sweaters...

No comments: