Monday, December 15, 2008

chunky yarn + big needles = fast hats


Gigi's Hat, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

I should just quit school and knit full time. I just enjoy it so much more most days. I doubt it could compete to pay the bills though, even as meager as a grad student's stipend is. Le sigh.

Anyways, another quick hat to give as a Christmas present. Again, Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky (less than one skein), to match the first pair of mittens.

Pattern: Robin's Egg Blue Hat
Needles: US 10
Extras: Buttons left over from my Buttony Cardi... Finding the right button(s) for this was probably the hardest part of the whole thing. I went to a couple of antique stores near my house and picked up a few things but nothing was quite right. Fortunately I had these (and a few others...) at home and I tried a few combinations and the consensus - between myself and my roommate - was that these were the best.

1 comment:

saoriweaver said...

Oooh - I love that hat!