Monday, October 20, 2008

FO: chinese lace pullover


chinese lace pullover, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

I finished the chinese lace pullover yesterday. I love it! It needs to be blocked still and I made some major modifications, but I think it's possibly the prettiest garment I've made myself so far. I'll try to post some post-blocking pictures soon.

Details:

Pattern: Chinese Lace Pullover by Angela Hahn: Ravelry link and Angela's blog link
Needles: US 6 for body, US 4 for sleeves
Yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino 6 skeins (900 yards) exactly in colour "Rupestre"
Mods: Woah boy... there have been a lot... the most notable being the sleeves: I totally omitted the lace at the bottom of the sleeves. And I used needles 2 sizes smaller in order to not have huge bell sleeves. Also, I crocheted around the hem, sleeves and neckline to get them to lie flatter... they still need some work (aka blocking), but overall I'm happy with them.

Apologies again for the long period of blog static... to be honest, I've been in a bit of a funk lately. School is good, I have great students this semester... I even have lots of new wips to show... it's just been a bit of a rough time emotionally. I have good days and I have bad. The last couple have been bad, but hopefully things will start looking up soon. I've been looking for plane tickets to go home for Christmas... but with the fuel prices and the market, it's a ridiculous $200 or more to fly to Detroit now. That's almost double what it was when I first moved down here! I mean, it's only Detroit, right?!

No comments: