Friday, October 31, 2008

bonus: obligatory brooklyn tweed-like photo included!

So, along with all the Christmas knitting I want to get done (note: want, not actually doing), a friend of the family, who was also my TA for Canadian History, is having a baby in early January. So I promised my mom I would make her something really cool... and I've been wanting to try out mitered squares for a while.

Here's a bird's eye view of the progress thus far:

mitred squares baby blanket

Less artsy but more comprehensive!

Based on this pattern. I'd never done mitered squares before, but there's something satisfying about them. Garter stitch, getting progressively smaller... It feels like an accomplishment every time I finish one.

Yarn: 2 colours of Knit One Crochet Too Ty Dy Worsted weight.
Needles: size 7 circ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Those are beautiful colors, and I admit I have a certain weakness for the garter stitch mitered square myself. So fun.