Wednesday, October 1, 2008

almost there...


cabled vest, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

OK, so it's been a lot longer than a day. But hey, I have to have a life and go to school too, right?

I have a few beefs with the pattern, namely that the cables don't match the picture. In the picture (Ravelry users can see it here, non-ravelers can try her site) all of the cables are going the same way. I.E. the one at the neckline crosses the same way as the rest of them. Not so for my sweater - which, as I was working the last cable I thought, hmmm... now why wouldn't they make them all cross the same way... but I followed the pattern blindly anyway. And yes, the pattern specifies very clearly that this cable IS different than the rest.

But all in all I'm loving this sweater. this picture was taken about 1/2 an hour ago and I already have one little cap sleeve finished since then. Now I just have to finish the second sleeve and seam up the sides. Too bad that whole pesky school thing has to go and get in the way...

No comments: