Friday, August 29, 2008

Fastest. Socks. Ever.

Fastest Socks Ever

Ok, seriously, these don't even count in the "I'm not going to cast on anything new" category. I started them Wed. night, and here we are on Friday morning, with two, yes, TWO completed socks. Too bad that I wouldn't wear worsted weight socks very often, or I'd make all my socks this way.

Pattern: Easy Boot Socks
Needles: US 5 dpns
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Paints in colour 9862
Mods: I worked the pattern on size 5s rather than size 6 - I wanted to make sure that the knit was tight. Also, worked on 5 dpns rather than 4 - the math just make more sense to me this way. The pattern is rather loosely written, I had to scratch my head and think hard about a couple of things, so if you try this pattern out and are having a hard time, shoot me an email or a comment here and I'll try to help you work it out.

If I were to knit these again (which I might, since they were a request and if the recipient likes them I will probably be making her more at Christmas time) I would definitely make the heel-flap longer.

More details on my ravelry page: Fastest Socks.

1 comment:

WickedStitch said...

Love the socks! My sister in law always requests socks from me. Her house is all marble flooring. These house socks would be great! Perhaps she would not burn holes in them, as she does with the other ones!