Saturday, June 14, 2008

This is the yarn...



This is the yarn that Terry dyed.
This is the yarn that Terry dyed, that I bought.
This is the yarn that Terry dyed, that I bought at my favorite yarn shop.
This is the yarn that Terry dyed, that I bought at my favorite yarn shop, to make into monkey socks.
This yarn makes me happy. :D

Ok, so I can't believe it's been over a month since I've posted anything. Thanks to everyone who left comments on the sweater dilemma. In the end I ripped it back, added several extra inches (I believe it was somewhere in the region of 5) and then stuck the pocket back on. It now has an almost complete sleeve and is in need of another. But it is just TOO HOT to even think about having a whole sweater made out of malabrigo sitting in my lap.

So I put that aside and have been working on the 2nd entrelac sock. I'm sorry, but entrelac gets darn boring after a knee-length sock and a half! So I've been chugging along on those, but it's been really, really slow going. And thus the acquisition of new yarn... I've been checking this yarn out (which is dyed by a friend of mine, Terry who runs crashintoewe on etsy and dyes for our lys. It's her merino sock, colourway "Dark Side of the Moon". It's not really "me" to have all these colours jumbled together at once (I like colour but just not ALL COLOUR, ALL THE TIME, like this kind of screams at me..) but I have loved this yarn since she brought it in a couple of weeks ago. So, on a whim yesterday, I grabbed and cast on. Monkey seems to be the sock pattern I always go back to, so there you have it.

I think for sheer displeasure with the weather, socks are what you're going to see around here for the next little while... and yes, I promise I won't wait another month and a half to post again!

No comments: