Thursday, February 7, 2008

Socks on Fire


Socks on Fire, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

One of my goals for PS3: Elements is to come up with a pattern that incorporates both the colours and the theme of each element. This is the first sock that will be (eventually) written down into a pattern that I'm (so far) calling Socks on Fire. I'm more than 1/2 way through the second one and I've made some adjustments to my original pattern, so I *may* rip back this one and work them both the same. Then again, I'm not sure how many people will notice once it's on my foot and under a shoe, so I'm still debating the whole ripping out a whole, finished sock thing.

Specs:
Pattern: Socks on Fire! by me.... available soon, I promise!
Needles: US 2 (2.75 mm) dpns
Yarn: Araucanía Ranco Solid (cannot find the tag, but I will check colour, etc. next time I go by the LYS... which will probably be later today)

1 comment:

CC said...

No way! Don't do it! I can't imagine ripping a completely finished object! Will you be at Lovelyarns on Sat? HD is interviewing in Boston and SNB is on my list of ways to entertain myself this weekend ....