Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You can always tell

when it's time to write end of term papers. My knitting / blogging productivity goes through the roof, while I attempt to justify my procrastination. I mean, knitting is productive, right? Just not the stuff I should be producing. And this is my 2nd post today... and 5th of the month. Sick, considering I only posted 7 times total for the entire month of December.

So today I decided against keeping the hat and have put it up for sale in my etsy shop. I have a hard time deciding how much to ask for knitted goods. Part of me feels that they should be worth more, because of the time and handmade-ness of it all. But part of me knows that I wouldn't be able to justify spending, say, $50 on a hat. But then again, there are people out there (mind you, I don't know many of them) who would spend that, and more... so you see my dilemma.

In any case, here are the new and improved (which never made sense to me as a slogan - how can something be both new AND improved? - but that's a discussion for another day) pictures of what I'm calling the "Anti-Gauge-Swatch Hat".





These are better, although the lighting still wasn't the greatest. It's been very grey here... and the high was 14C (which is somewhere close to 60F) today. Weird, very weird for January.

Since then I've started a pair of wristwarmers in Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. I know, sickly luxurious to make wristwarmers out of silk, but I didn't know what to do with the skein, and I needed to knit something, anything so I decided to make my old standard. Especially since I lost one of my favs (the first pair of these I ever made, too!) about a month ago.

No comments: