Thursday, January 10, 2008

the old stand-by

I think everyone has a "stand-by" pattern - the one you go to when you don't know what else to do. Mine seems to be the Hand/Wrist Warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I actually lost one of the first ones I ever made about a month ago and haven't had the time/inclination to replace them since. But, here I am in Canada, in a balmy +5C (40-ish F for those south of the border) and I don't really need my alpaca/wool mittens, but I could use something on my hands. And since all that yarn came back to me and I don't know what to do with it, I decided to make myself a luxurious set of wrist warmers out of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get a picture of them that is decent both in colour and stitch definition so here are two. The first shows the colour fairly well, the second stitch definition.




I have one full one done, and about a 1/4 of the second. These usually only take a matter of hours, but I have actually been doing a little bit of that pesky school work too...

1 comment:

Alison said...

Love the color of the new wrist warmers. So sorry about the loss of your first one. I hope the new ones make you smile!
Happy knitting-
ali