Sunday, January 13, 2008

I whipped up these baby booties, mostly yesterday, to give to a friend of Dr. BF's who delivered on Friday. Her partner called yesterday to invite us to come visit, which we will do over the next day or two. She and the baby (who is a girl, but yet to be named, I believe) are doing very well.



Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Silk (about a 1/4 skein, left over from the latest wristwarmers) + a small bit of Rowan Damask for the ties.
Pattern: Angel Booties (click the link in the righthand sidebar to download)
Needles: US 5 / 3.75mm
Mods: Many... Only ribbed the cuff; worked on 2 circs instead of dpns; added the bow.

In other news, I also finished up one of my papers today and sent it off. I don't really know how I feel about it, except relieved to some extent that it is gone. I always seem to come out of writing papers in a daze, unable to recall exactly what it is I wrote about. Sometimes I go back later on and re-read them and think "Seriously, did I write this?" I completely blank out on them... it's very weird, although I have heard other grad students say the same thing.

3 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

Omigosh, I do the same thing too...although I rarely go back and read my papers. As far as I'm concerned, once I'm done, I'm DONE!

CC said...

I totally agree! I end up looking back over stuff long after I've submitted it and I'm amazed at some of the things I have to say! Someone should study that ....

gradschoolknitter said...

so it is kind of a grad student thing, eh? maybe that's why I don't feel like I've actually learned anything over the last 4 years! I've blanked it all out!