Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ugh...

Awake super early today... and it's Saturday for pete's sake! It's not like I wanted to be, but my eyes opened at 5:30 and I was wide awake. So I figured I'd use the time wisely and I've already gotten all the pre-work work done for my NEW JOB. That's right. I got a job as an assistant to the Dean of Humanities!! I'm super excited about it, I'll be developing programs to try and force encourage undergraduate students into arts and humanities degrees! Which is pretty much the entire reason I want to be a professor in the first place! OK, not the entire reason... the academic life is pretty sweet, when you really think about it.

This job means several things, including the fact that I will actually be making a somewhat reasonable (ok, freakin' fantastic for a grad student!) salary this year! Which in turn means several other things:

1. I won't have to work any more icky factory jobs over the summer.
2. I'll have extra $$ when we go to Korea next spring (more on that later).
3. I'll have extra $$ for YARN! So I don't have to feel so guilty about my purchases the other day...

And there's lots of other good things, like no longer worrying that we'll have to eat KD (That's Mac&Cheese for my American readers) for a week at the end of the month... but I digress.

In knitting news, I just received my buttons for the buttony sweater and they are AWESOME. As soon as I get the extra yarn needed to finish up the second sleeve and I sew them on I will share. I ordered them on Etsy from Woodturner and his craftmanship and customer service was beyond amazing. He'll custom make wooden buttons for you in the size, wood, etc that you want. I can't say enough about how great these are. I will share pictures later!!

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes I feel your pain, I was awake at 6am as well:(

Congrats on the new job! You will learn a lot about administration which is very a. interesting and b. useful on the job market.

CC said...

Congrats on the new job and the relieved money pressures. I know that feeling! I love the buttons at the etsy shop - I'm sure they'll be beautiful on your new sweater.