Monday, September 3, 2007

Buttony Sweater

OK, I promised some knitting, and here it is! I've got the body and one sleeve of the buttony sweater done, and I'm just starting on the 2nd. I decided to do 3/4 length sleeves, because I was worried about yardage. I'm still worried about it 'cause I only have about a 1/4 of a skein left and I've only worked about 5 rounds of the 2nd sleeve. If anyone has any extra (even if it's a 1/4 skein!) Classic Elite Classic Silk colour 6920 (even better if it's from dyelot 30!)) I would be happy to take it off your hands (and pay for S&H of course!)... but I digress.

To the pictures!





OK, so the last one isn't so flattering of me personally, but you get the idea. I've ordered buttons from someone on etsy who makes them to order (the size and detailing that you want) so when those come I can attach them and show this sweater off for real... especially if I ever get the 2nd sleeve done!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm going to be starting my own buttony here very soon! I'm definitely in love with the color you picked! I hope you can find more yarn..

CC said...

Pretty sweater! Sorry, no Classic Elite here... Are you around this weekend for a rendezvous at Lovelyarn? Hope school's treating you well!

gradschoolknitter said...

PhD: I will most definitely be at lovelyarns this coming weekend (if not before... actually for sure before 'cause I told someone I'd give them a lesson on how to get started Thurs afternoon...) but I will be there Sat too!! And I'll try to remember to bring your yarn! (If I don't you can always kick me out and tell me to run home and get it 'cause I only live 10 mins away when walking!)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I think you look quite prim and smart in Buttony!